Star International is a fast-growing organisation specialising in a wide selection of maritime products and services. As an expanding business we often are on the look out for talented individuals to join the organisation.
Fire Technician – Southampton
Star International is recruiting for an experienced Fire Technician to join our expanding team in Southampton. The successful candidate will be working on a range of vessels, located in ports across the south coast and mainland Europe, servicing fire suppression equipment. Experience on-board ship is not essential, as full training will be provided to the successful candidate.
The successful candidate will have:
- 3-5 years’ experience working with fire suppression systems, fire extinguishers, emergency escape sets (EEBD) and Breathing Air (BA) sets (experience on-board ships is not essential).
- The ability to instruct the customer in the correct use of systems and complete documentation on completion of inspections.
- Willingness to travel / work abroad
- A clean driving licence
What we are offering:
- 20 days holiday per annum + bank holidays. Annual leave allowance increases with accrued service.
- Contributory pension
- Opportunities for professional development and progression within a growing team
- Salary dependent on experience + overtime earnings available